Saturday, March 19, 2011

Special Meatballs ヽ(´ー`)人(´∇`)人(`ー´)ノ

I tried my hand at making meatballs last week. They were so awesome that I tried them again and decided to document the process. This time, I decided to also add some kick in the form of Chardonnay + cilantro + mushrooms (round 1 was with red bell peppers).

Ingredients (measurements aren't exact as I just kind of eyeballed it):
1 Lb lean ground turkey
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 handful fresh minced cilantro
some chardonnay (can add additional water/or substitute w/ water if so desired)
2 finely diced large portebello mushrooms (bell peppers also work great)
~1 tspn salt
2-3 slices diced whole wheat bread
2 large eggs



First, I let the garlic and cilantro soak in the chardonnay for a bit



Added in the turkey and mushrooms...




Mixed everything in, added the salt, and added the bread. Began preheating the oven to 325 degrees.


Mixed it all in and added eggs (it looked a little dry at this point, but the eggs helped make it more fluid. In the future, I might consider adding a tiny bit of water too though)


Using 2 spoons, I began making the meatballs. The first step is to cook the outsides...I heated the stove a little too much on the first round...


That's a little better...


Turned them each on the side to evenly cook the outsides and then placed them on a oiled baking sheet...They look so good already!


Into the oven aaaaand....
10-15 minutes later... mmmmm :)
(I will probably eat these with a little bit of spaghetti at a later point)
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment